What does a contract dispute lawyer in BC do?
If another party, whether an individual or business, has not fulfilled its contractual obligations, it is important to know what your options are and how to effectively resolve contract disputes. At Herr Law Group, our lawyers have more than 80 years of combined experience and routinely resolve and litigate commercial contract disputes for clients in Vancouver and across British Columbia.
What are examples of a contract?
Most businesses and/or individuals form contracts every day. A contract is a legally binding promise between two or more persons to act under an agreement in exchange for goods, services, or compensation. All contracts contain three components:
- an offer;
- and, consideration.
All three components must be present for a contract to be considered legally binding. Contracts can be made orally or written; however, they should be in writing. Contractual disputes may arise as a person to the agreement does not fulfill their promise(s) as outlined in the contract or where the individuals involved in the contract interpret its terms differently. This is known as a breach of contract.
Herr Law Group is equipped to resolve both personal and professional contract disputes. If you are involved in a contract dispute, we can help you resolve the problem in a cost and time-effective manner. Our litigation team can argue your legal matter in the courts and tribunals across Canada (except Quebec and the territories).
Types of Breach of Contract
- A Material Breach of contract occurs when one person to the agreement fails to fulfil or perform his or her part of the contract.
- A Partial Breach of contract occurs when one person to the agreement fails to complete part of his or her obligations as required by the contract.
- An Anticipatory Breach of contract occurs where one person to the contract states that he or she will not perform the contract by the specified date.
- A Fundamental Breach of contract occurs when there is the failure to fulfill the responsibilities of the contract to the extent that the contract cannot be performed or the other side cannot get any benefit from the contract. Multiple breaches may result in a fundamental breach.
How Herr Law Group’s Canada Contract Dispute Lawyers can assist you:
Herr Law Group can assist you with all aspects of contract disputes, including:
- agreement of purchase and sale disputes;
- commercial and residential lease disputes;
- construction matters;
- contracts for goods and services;
- franchise agreements;
- negotiation of contracts on behalf of employees or employers;
- and more.
Resolving Contract Disputes in BC
When you sign a business contract, you want to make sure your interests in the deal you are entering into are protected. However, poorly drafted contracts may contain vague clauses or loopholes which could cause disputes between the parties.
At Herr Law Group, we assist clients throughout Burnaby and Vancouver, British Columbia, with drafting, reviewing, and amending business contracts. Whether it’s a commercial real estate purchase or entering into a tech agreement with a software company, we will help you protect your interests.
Vancouver Contract Dispute Lawyers
We have acted as plaintiff and defence counsel for individuals and all sizes of companies in contract disputes that involve, for example:
- Contracts for goods and services
- Relationships with vendors or suppliers
- Commercial leases
- Commercial and residential real estate transactions
- Construction contracts
- Contracts for the purchase and sale of real property
We can work with you or your company to understand your objectives and to pursue your goals in the most effective manner possible. We can also advise clients in mediation and arbitration. When disputes cannot be resolved outside of court, we are prepared to go to trial to enforce your rights and protect your interests.
What is a construction contract dispute?
Construction disputes arise because of disagreements between the parties on a contract. They are due to a perceived or real violation of a construction contract and the obligations set forth therein. Disputes may also arise due to unsubstantiated or incomplete claims being made by the parties involved.
Contact Herr Law Group’s Contract Dispute Lawyers Today!