Even if your business is small, there are countless legal hurdles you can face in the first few years. Why tackle them alone? Our BC business lawyers offer general legal advice about business structures, joint ventures, contracts or any other legal issues you may be facing.
How can a BC business lawyer help me?
Herr Law Group’s team is dedicated to helping small businesses. We keep your legal needs simple by billing as a flat fee so you always know your expense.
We know that when you are starting a new company, or running one on your own, expenses can be high while the budget is low. Getting legal advice is often last on the priority list.
Instead of paying high hourly rates at big firms, many business owners choose to forego legal advice altogether and tackle the minefield of incorporation, contracts and other legal matters on their own. Well, we think there should be a middle ground, and that’s who we aim to be.
Why hire a business lawyer in Canada?
- Understand legal implications and liability issues for the different business structures
- Discuss considerations for client contracts
- Discuss considerations for supplier contracts
- Advice related to crafting legal documents
We approach your business like it’s our business. The relationships we have with our clients are established on trust and transparency and powered by results.
For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of entrepreneurs and business owners across a number of industries including:
- Agriculture business lawyer
- Commercial real estate lawyer
- Construction lawyer
- Financial services lawyer
- Insurance business lawyer
- Land development lawyer
- Mining business lawyer
- Retail business lawyer
- Technology business lawyer
At every stage of the life cycle of a business, business law needs can be diverse and complex. That’s where you need experience you can count on.
Whether you are an entrepreneur buying a business, a start-up looking to secure financing, a well-established business wanting to restructure or a business owner looking to expand or sell, our Business Law team can assist you in any the following areas:
- Commercial Borrowing and Lending
- Corporate Reorganization
- Family Business and Succession Planning
- Incorporation, Annual Reporting and Corporate Records
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Non-competition and Non-disclosure Agreements
- Purchase and Sale of a Business
We routinely assist clients with transactions such as:
- Purchasing or selling a business, from simple transactions to more complex mergers and acquisitions,
- Contract review and negotiations,
- Due diligence on loan terms and repayment conditions when obtaining financing from financial institutions and alternative lenders,
- Formation of partnerships and joint ventures,
- Preparing shareholder agreements,
- Reorganizations and governance structures,
- Tax planning and many other forms of business and corporate matters.
With Herr Law Group Business Law team as part of your trusted advisory team, you benefit from the resources of a comprehensive, multi-service firm, including in-house Tax Lawyers and experienced lawyers in Real Estate and Dispute Resolution & Litigation.
As your trusted legal business advisors, we will work alongside other key members of your advisory team including accountants, brokers and bankers, to deliver 360-degree solutions to your business and corporate matters and legal transactions.
As long-standing members of the local business community, our business and corporate lawyers have strong professional relationships with top-rated accountants, advisors and financial institutions. If needed, we facilitate connections and utilize these networks to add value to the services we provide to our clients.
For more information on the Corporate and Business Law services we provide for entrepreneurs and business owners, or to book an initial consultation with one of our Business Law lawyers, please call 604-372-0499 or complete the initial consultation request form.